Friday, December 3, 2010
I love holiday dressing more than any other kind because you have an automatic no-holds-barred excuse to get decked out in your festive best. What else are you going to ring in a whole new year wearing? That means picking out pieces that are really special, whether it's because of some exquisite lace detail (ahem, Givenchy #5), a bright lipstick red shade you would normally shy away from (Marchesa #4), a heavy cluster of shimmering black sequins (Tibi #7), or an all-out sparkly galaxy print (oh, Christopher Kane #3).
Here are some of my current favorites. What are you wearing for the holidays?
1. Gucci draped matte-jersey strapless gown, $2,800, at net-a-porter.com
2. Alexander Wang cross-over draped dress, $785, at shopbop.com
3. Christopher Kane galaxy dress, $1,470, at net-a-porter.com
4. Notte by Marchesa big ruffle cocktail dress, $660, at neimanmarcus.com
5. Givenchy black leather dress, $4,770, at stylebop.com
6. Rag & Bone Edita dress, $495, at lagarconne.com
7. Tibi sequin silk dress $995, at net-a-porter.com
8. Julien MacDonald lace detailed silk chiffon dress, $4,395, at net-a-porter.com
9. Rick Owens tulle-insert jersey dress, $350, at theoutnet.com