Wednesday, January 15, 2014
I've always been pretty exclusively in favor of all-white-all-the-time linens for both bedroom and bathroom. So much so, that I wrote a little something on the topic for Amazon's MyHabit. Click on over HERE to read and see some of my favorite white interiors. xo
Monday, January 13, 2014
One of my very favorite things in life is a perfect piece of avocado toast during an unhurried weekend morning with the newspaper scattered all around you, tea steaming aggressively from your freshly poured cup. But mostly the avocado toast part. I'm always peeking around for new iterations of this genius invention, and of course, Gwyneth Paltrow hit the nail on the head with this Vegenaise + avocado + Maldon sea salt combo.
It's not so much a recipe, as it is a method of assembly. All you do is toast a slice of your favorite bread (preferably something chewy with a good, crunchy crust), spread a layer of Vegenaise on it (the non-dairy, healthier, better-tasting version of mayo), slice up an avocado and place the slices on top, and sprinkle with a dusting of Maldon. If you'd like, you can sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top, but it's not necessary. Heaven on a plate. xo
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Happy new year, everyone! I love starting out a new year with a fresh set of goals (i.e. for 2014: learn to play the guitar, finally get my favorite Bach piece memorized on the piano, eat healthier--blah, blah, blah, and most importantly, learn to relax more and let go of my eternally results-oriented mindset. I tend to lean a bit towards the type-A perfectionist paradigm, which is no bueno for the good, old stress levels sometimes.). I also love starting out a new year with a fresh set of favorite things, as it turns out, and here they are:
1. This stuff is like Fluff but healthy. Seashore churned honey w/ medicinal properties. What.
2. A sweet little blender for all the healthy soups and salad dressings I'll be making. See above for 2014 goals. This thing won "best overall blender" in Real Simple.
3. A happy emoji single earring. Because doesn't everyone need this?
4. A very beautiful handmade knife from Spanish artisans.
5. I'm in the middle of this crazy-long book and I cannot put it down.
6. Celine-plaid-print skate decks from Stop It Right Now to hang somewhere in my apartment and pretend I'm still a California girl.