Friday, January 21, 2011
In the Market: Springtime Staples
I can't step into a store these days without picking up at least one completely fresh, totally weather-inappropriate new spring something-or-other. After having worn black tights and boots everyday for the last few months, I'm dying to own bright silk maxi skirts, light open-knit sweaters, canvas bags, and the absolutely perfect Reed Krakoff wedges above. Even if it's just to stare at longingly in my closet for the time being.
I've got my spring look planned down to the last painted toenail, and it involves a decidedly 90s-inspired vibe (long skirts, cropped knit sweaters), ballerina nude polish, and that constant companion--a good book in my tote.
Some of my favorite pieces:
1. 3.1 Phillip Lim open-knit sweater, $375, at net-a-porter.com
2. Pippa Small Colette necklace, $2,600, at barneys.com
3. Reed Krakoff sandals, $550, at net-a-porter.com
4. Mark Davis Octavia Jane bangle, $1,790, at barneys.com
5. Miu Miu printed maxi skirt, $895, at net-a-porter.com
6. Proenza Schouler medium canvas PS1, $1,485, at barneys.com
7. Tori Praver bikini, $188, at barneys.com
8. The New Yorker Stories, by Ann Beattie, $30, at barnesandnoble.com